David P. Sims
158 Warrenton Drive
Houston, Texas, USA 77024
Home Phone: +1 713 465 8644
Cell Phone: +1 713 824 3025
- Professional Profile:
- A proven, self-directed leader.
- Good people skills (particularly with technical people).
- Experienced in general business management and in technology management.
- Experienced in Onshore and Offshore Oil & Gas Exploration and Production field operations.
- Expert with a variety of computer operating systems especially Linux/Unix.
- Expert with implementation and operation of a variety of business computer applications.
- Expert with a variety of computer networking environments and transports.
- Work Experience:
- April 2001 - present
- Owner/CEO - Advanced Internet Solutions - Houston, Texas
- January 2000 - April 2001
- Senior Principal Network Consultant - Netigy Corporation - San Jose, California
- January 1995 - December 1999
- Technical Director - Information Technology - Schlumberger Limited - Sugar Land, Texas
-Responsible for the enterprise IT strategy.
-Responsible for network security.
-CIO Magazine Enterprise Value Award winner (1997)
-Led Schlumberger's participation in Project Aries, a multi-company broadband network initiative aimed at e-commerce in upstream oil and gas resulting in a positive front page article on the company in the New York Times.
-Formed an alliance between Schlumberger Smartcards, Entrust Technologies and Omnes resulting in an entirely new product line in the security market.
-Co-chair of the annual Schlumberger Network Coordination Meeting.
-Represent Schlumberger's interest with the American Petroleum Institute on the General Committee for Information Management and Technology.
-Executive Committee member of the Petroleum Information Data eXchange.
-Formed an alliance between Schlumberger and the COAST Lab at Purdue University Department of Computer Science resulting in a low cost pipeline to high-quality information technology talent.
-Responsible for evaluation of new technology for possible implementation at Schlumberger.
- January 1991 to January 1995
- General Manager - Schlumberger Information Network - Houston, Texas
-Responsible for the development and successful international implementation of a strategic corporate data network (SINet).
-Planned and successfully implemented a TCP/IP intranet with points of presence in 55 countries and connecting more than 400 sites.
-Resulting network improved efficiency of the company (revenue/employee) by 50% over 5 years.
-Schlumberger formed a Joint Venture with Cable & Wireless PLC with its network assets in January 1995 resulting in an additional $30 million gain.
- August 1988 to January 1991
- Vice President & General Manager - Geco North and South America - Houston, Texas
-Responsible for the day-to-day business activities of Schlumberger's largest seismic operation.
-Responsible for annual revenues of $175 million.
-Responsible for the day-to-day activites of the 4th largest commercial supercomputer installation in the world.
-Successfully reduced the financial value of the speculative seismic data inventory by $25 million without reducing its ability to generate revenue.
-Conceived and executed the acquisition of Sonics Geophysical, Ltd. entirely through the guarantee of bank debt (i.e, $.05 per $1).
-Formed Schlumberger's first land seismic business activity.
- January 1987 to August 1988
- Managing Director - Geco Geophysical Company Ltd. - London, England
-Successfully managed the integration and day-to-day business activities of a new Schlumberger acquisition.
-Responsible for annual revenues of $50 million.
-Participated in the planning of the world's first multi-vessel multi-streamer 3D seismic data collection activity for Shell's Dutch operating company.
-Particiapted in the planning and implementation of the world's first networked, shared supercomputer-based seismic data processing center.
- July 1985 to January 1987
- Vice President & General Manager - Schlumberger Technical Services - London, England
-Successfully managed Schlumberger's North Sea operations.
-Responsible for annual revenues of $300 million.
-Increased market share by 10% in a very competitive market.
-Maintained service quality at high levels.
- July 1984 to July 1985
- Wireline Coordinator - Schlumberger Limited - New York, New York
-Coordination of Research & Engineering activities for Schlumberger Wireline Services worldwide.
- November 1981 to July 1984
- Vice President & General Manager - Schlumberger Offshore Services - New Orleans, Louisiana
-Successfully managed Schlumberger's largest offshore North American Business Unit.
-Responsible for annual revenues of $200 million.
-Managed a 50% reduction in costs (along with activity) during the oil bust of 1992.
-Maintained morale and service quality in spite of adverse market conditions.
-Implemented a complete upgrade of Schlumberger's microwave data transmission system for the Gulf of Mexico.
-Implemented the world's first customer premise Schlumberger log interpretation center (CLIC).
- August 1979 to November 1981
- Division Manager - Schlumberger Well Services - Mid-Continent Division - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
-Successfully managed Schlumberger's largest onshore North American division.
-Responsible for annual revenues of $100 million.
-Increased revenues over 250% in a 18 month period.
-Maintained service quality.
- July 1978 to August 1979
- Operations Technical Staff - Schlumberger Well Services - Houston, Texas
-Responsible for the interface between Engineering and the field (service) operations for North America.
-Area of technical responsibilities included service units, cables, pressure control equipment and general purpose service equipment (heads, sheave wheels, connectors, etc.).
-Worked with SWS Engineering to perfect a truck engine driven 10 KW AC electrical generator with hydraulic frequency stabilization.
-Improved service quality across North America substantially by solving a serious reliability problem with AC power.
- July 1976 to July 1978
- District Manager - Schlumberger Well Services - Traverse City, Michigan
-Managed a three truck district in northern Michigan providing Schlumberger Wireline services to major oil companies working in the northern Michigan reef trend.
-Responsible for annual revenues of $3 million.
-Improved service quality by 50%.
-Installed the first remote Schlumberger data center for quickly processing dipmeter logs saving Shell, Amoco and others several hundred thousand dollars per month in lost rig time.
-Field tested the first Schlumberger Computerized Service Unit (CSU-D).
- August 1974 to July 1976
- District Manager - Schlumberger Well Services - Wooster, Ohio
-Managed a two truck district in central Ohio providing Schlumberger Wireline services to independent oil companies throughout Ohio.
-Responsible for annual revenues of $1 million.
-Increased market share by 300%.
-Increased service quality by 100%.
- January 1972 to August 1974
- Field Engineer - Schlumberger Well Services - Oklahoma
-Provided Schlumberger Wireline services to oil companies throughout Oklahoma.
-Received DCW Magazine's 5 mile club award for deep well services.
-Developed a technique for running a 'bridleless Dual Induction' which saved Schlumberger more than $1 million per year.
Doing Business on the Internet, by Mary Cronin (1993).
The Internet and Your Business, Fortune Magazine, March 7, 1994.
Schlumberger Ties Global E-mail Together, CommunicationsWeek International, June 13, 1994.
The Internet Pioneers, Information Week Magazine, January 9, 1995.
Computer networks redefine workplace, The Houston Chronicle, February 7, 1995.
Oil Wells That End Well on the Internet, Inter@ctive Week Magazine, September 25, 1995.
Drilling down into an intranet, Network World Magazine, June 10, 1996.
Net Results, CIO Magazine, February 1, 1997.
Where Are They Now, CIO Magazine, May 15, 1998.
Purdue COAST Security Seminar, December 11, 1998.
Smartcards and Biometrics -- Your key to PKI, Linux Journal, March 1999.
- Community Service:
- St. Agnes Academy - Houston, Texas
- - In 1994, as a School Board member, spearheaded IT strategy development, five year plan and supervised implementation of state-of-the-art IT infrastructure at a Houston area high school supporting more than 800 students and 50 staff. All 850 people now use wirelessly connected laptops throughout the school.
- St. John's School - Houston, Texas
- - Served on the Technology Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Our Savior Lutheran School - Houston, Texas
- - I provide IT strategy development and low cost IT support for a heterogenous client/server environment.
- Awards and Affiliations:
- Communicator of the Year - Awarded by International Communications Association and IDB/Worldcom - 1994
- Enterprise Value Award - Awarded by CIO Magazine - 1997
- Top 100 Company - Awarded by CIO Magazine - 1999
- Member Purdue University department of Computer Science Corporate Advisory Council - 1996 to 2000
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE 10452) - Oklahoma State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- BSME from Washington
University in St. Louis, Missouri.
- English, some French and Spanish.
©1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 David Sims All rights reserved.
December 12, 2009